Apprenticeship Adviser & Mentor job roles available
Auto Industry Apprenticeship Adviser & Mentors
Auto Skills Australia (ASA), working in conjunction with state motor industry associations, is seeking expressions of interest from qualified individuals to join a team of Apprenticeship Mentors & Advisers in Victoria NSW, QLD & SA. Employed by the relevant state auto association, Mentors and Advisers will work with ASA in a Federal Government funded Program* under the Building Australia’s Future Workforce Package. These are fixed term positions based on contract funding.
Operating in metro and regional areas in full time and part time roles, the Mentors and Advisers will be working with the automotive industry to ensure the supply and retention of apprentices and people seeking to join the industry.
The Advisers role is to provide industry or occupation specific information to potential auto apprenticeship candidates to help them make an informed decision in choosing the right auto apprenticeship career pathway. The Advisers will primarily target school leavers. In addition, Advisers will provide information and resources to potential and existing employers of auto apprentices, VET and other community stakeholders, supporting the flow of effective candidates for recruitment for the automotive industry.
The Mentors role is aimed at increasing the retention rates of auto apprentices in the early stages of their training in order to improve completion rates and support the supply of skilled workers to the automotive sector.
In some State regions the Mentor and Adviser roles may be combined.
Duties & Responsibilities Mentor:
- Maximise apprentice retention levels through mentoring services
- Frequent contact with assigned apprentices
- Assisting Apprentices and employers to resolve issues when they arise
- Build rapport and trust with the Apprentice
- Build relationships with employers/supervisors
- Engage in conflict resolution between Employers and Apprentices
- Assist the Apprentice in accessing additional resources and further support if required
- Liaise with stakeholders
- Maintain a record of client visits and demonstrate improved retention rates
Duties & Responsibilities Adviser:
- Provide advice & information on careers within the Automotive Industry
- Stakeholder networking
- Deliver presentations to schools and other groups
- Build rapport with clients and provide excellent customer service
- Event management
To be considered for these positions you will need:
- Experience with working with the Australian Apprenticeships/Traineeships system
- Experience in communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Demonstrated experience in planning, initiating, developing and managing mentoring options
- Established negotiating, mediating and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work independently and also in a team
- Strong capability to work with IT
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and an Automotive Trade Qualification will be highly advantageous
As a role requirement successful applicants for either the Mentor or Adviser positions will undertake a working with children check.
A remuneration and benefits package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful applicants, including car allowance, smart phone and laptop.*Note: Mentor positions are subject to Federal Government grant funding approval.
Applications including letter addressing the roles key requirements and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information call Peter Gostelow, National Project Manager, Auto Skills Australia on 03 8610 2506.*Note: Mentor positions are subject to Federal Government grant funding approval.